- Part Time
- Martin, TN
1. Purpose of Position
The Group Exercise Instructor purpose is to use a variety of teaching and motivational techniques to create a positive exercise experience.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of the workout area (adjust music, place fans strategically, set headset to proper sound level, etc.)
- Announcement of the class
- Providing upbeat, activity-appropriate music and instruction to encourage compliance
- Monitoring equipment for proper use, function and maintenance (according to manufacturer’s guidelines)
- Recording number of participants (for retention purposes) and time worked
- Cleaning & returning equipment to the appropriate storage area
- Notification of schedule changes to Fitness Coordinator and/or office staff (responsible for finding a substitute with as much advanced notice as possible)
- Maintaining professional competence and providing cutting-edge interventions through participating in continuing education activities (seminars, professional reading, etc.)
- All other duties as outlined by the Fitness Manual or as assigned by the president, Secretary, Fitness Director, Fitness Coordinator.
3. Knowledge and Experience
- Current Certified Group Exercise Instructor
- Current CPR Certification
- Current TN Drivers License
4. Skills, Abilities, Qualifications, and Expectations
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to organize, perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Ability to attend and participate in staff development programs.
- Ability to travel and attend both local and out of town seminars and other related functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com